Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nelson Sketches


Nelson Sketches
Originally uploaded by SideShowMom.
Geordan's class went on a field trip to the Nelson today and had a workshop in Shapes. They went around the Modern art galleries and identified different shapes in artworks and went back to the classroom to make their own collages with shapes and colors. I tagged along and sketched while I waited and along the way. After they went back to school, I went back down the ramp to the Noguchi sculpture garden and worked on one of the sculptures a bit more.

Shapes Collage Demo
Originally uploaded by SideShowMom.
They listened very well!

Shapes Collage Cub
Originally uploaded by SideShowMom.
I drew Geordan while he was working on his collage. They got to use some watercolors. When they were done with them, I used them, too.

1 comment:

Anita Davies said...

Great sketches.
I used to tag along with the school trips too but didn't keep a journal then...wish I had of!