Saturday, January 13, 2007

EDM Challenge 101 Draw a Bar of Soap

Sandalwood soap I received from my Secret Santa partner in the Henna Page gift swap. Smells great, but I don't want to use it up! Pencil in my hedgie...that's watercolor paper!

Here's a song I remember from Girl Scouts...


"Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap (bar of soap),
Oh I wish I were a
little bar of soap (bar of soap),
I'd go slippy, slippy slidey, over
everybody's hidey,
Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap (bar of
soap)!"

9 comments:

Jim Bumgarner said...

I like this. It is clean (oops, no pun intended), good lines and shadowing. Nice!

Linda said...

:-D I remember that little song! Great shadows and lettering on this drawing.

Lin said...

BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!! GREAT SUBERB SHADINGS!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love the shading and how lovely you rendered the soap. Looks like you spent some time thinking about what to draw, too - finding something special. Love the BONUS gg song. :) Ah me ... these EDMs are about soooo much more than drawing. Cheers! Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

What fun, Malinda! And you did a terrific job on the drawing...and how weird, it said my URL contained illegal characters! It was just http://cathyjohnson.com--same old URL conventions...

Jana Bouc said...

Beautiful drawing that really takes advantage of all graphite can be.

Nina Johansson said...

Incredibly nice work! I love the shading.

SideShowMom said...

Thank you so much everyone!! Kate, that's so weird! Jim, good to see you around again! Mary Ellen, those songs do stick with us, don't they?

Anastasia said...

this is lovely!! I cant find an interesting cake of soap to draw haha! we use soap gel at my house...